The purpose of the Parish Pastoral Council is to assist the Parish Priest in the administration of the pastoral aspects of parish life.
The Parish Pastoral Council is consultative. Its areas of concern include:
- The Promotion of Christian life in the Parish.
- Supporting and collaborating with existing Groups.
- Planning for future needs.
- Listening carefully to the needs of the people of the Parish.
- Communicating well with the Parish.
" I call you friends, because I have made known to you everything I have learned from my Father.
You did not choose me, no, I chose you; and I commissioned you to go out and to bear my fruit,
fruit that will last; and then the Father will give you anything you ask him in my name.
My command to you is to love one another."
Gospel of St. John the Evangelist Ch 15 Vs 15-17
Inspired by these words in the Gospel of St. John the Evangelist, Patron Saint of our Parish in Ballinteer, we strive to follow Jesus by:
- Building a community which gives expression to our faith in Jesus where each person feels welcomed, accepted and valued in their own right.
- Promoting a greater sense of togetherness and participation as we gather in our Church.
- Spreading this togetherness in church out into our Parish Community in a way that is inclusive and all-embracing.
Parish Pastoral Council Constitution (PDF version)
The Eagle is the symbol of St. John's Gospel.
Copies of the Parish Pastoral Council Constitution, as approved by Archbishop Diarmuid Martin, can also be obtained from the Parish Office.
If any parishioners wish to contact the Parish Pastoral Council please write to Peter Birthistle, Secretary, PPC, c/o The Parish Office or e-mail to : email@example.com